Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57

Thread: Sports Cards?

  1. #31
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Cards?

    I am SOOO NOT letting my brother see this LOL!!

  2. #32
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Cards?

    If you've got any 2008 SP Legendary Cuts pm me. I'm trying to complete the set, I'm about 20 yards short including short prints.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Cards?

    eBayISAPIdll?VISuperSize&ampitem220541196277

    I've got one of these numbered to 10 tucked away in some moving stuff somewhere.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Cards?

    When do the 2011 baseball cards come out?

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Cards?

    Another question is where are some reasonable places to buy bulk cards with a mix from the last 40+ years? A friend of mine bought a bulk set from Amazon for about $30 and it had one rookie card from 65. I bought a small set from Walmart that had unopened packs but most where from the late 80s early 90s. Its kind of like Christmas because you never know what you will find!lol!

    Hey PVFAN what are those TJ rookie cards your dad told me about put out by?

  6. #36
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Cards?

    Oh and Rocky I have a 1990 Tops Frank Thomas Rookie card but his name is missing from the front. That is the only 1990 Tops card I have seen with out the name of the player on front. Funny part is I have another 1990 Tops Frank Thomas Rookie card that does have his name on the front. What is the deal with that?

  7. #37
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Another question is where are some reasonable places to buy bulk cards with a mix from the last 40+ years? A friend of mine bought a bulk set from Amazon for about $30 and it had one rookie card from 65. I bought a small set from Walmart that had unopened packs but most where from the late 80s early 90s. Its kind of like Christmas because you never know what you will find!lol!

    Hey PVFAN what are those TJ rookie cards your dad told me about put out by?
    He and I have press pass. I think most if not all of them are at mom and dad's house. It's a decent set, Brady and Urlacher are in it as well. We were fortunate enough to get all of the TJ cards signed personally by him when he was first drafted. Your 90 Frank Thomas RC is probably just a miss-print. I wouldn't fool with buying bulk cards off of ebay/amazon. Find a set you want and collect it; don't do it for the money (you'll never come out ahead). Generally, I only collect baseball cards because it's the only sport I feel I know well enough to invest in rookie cards, auto cards, jersey cards, etc. Had by Austin Kearns buying spree hadn't turned out so badly I'd have a stockpile of Jay Bruce and Joey Votto RC's now. As it is now, to get what I want will cost several hundred dollars and unless they become HOF players the cards have probably topped out.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    When do the 2011 baseball cards come out?
    During the winter depending upon set. You do know there is a difference in what you buy at Wal-Mart and what you buy from a card shop right? Wal-Mart cards are purposely not as good (like, you wont get as many insert cards from a pack/box) as cards you can buy from the shop in effort to keep shop owners happy, around.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    During the winter depending upon set. You do know there is a difference in what you buy at Wal-Mart and what you buy from a card shop right? Wal-Mart cards are purposely not as good (like, you wont get as many insert cards from a pack/box) as cards you can buy from the shop in effort to keep shop owners happy, around.
    called hobby sets and retail sets, the retail sets are usually **** but have gotten better the last few years, ive bought about 4 boxes this year for ****s and giggles and pulled a few good numbered cards and a couple of autos. I have a hot pack of 2008 legendary cuts on the way if im not mistaken (guaranteed auto) so if i pull anything good ill let you know.
    Cant we all just get along?

  10. #40
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Cards?

    pvfan, sorry man the legendary cuts pack is football
    Cant we all just get along?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •